Subject: Re: distcc-gtk
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/13/2005 23:35:35
On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 08:08:26PM +0200, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> It may be a bit more work, but it's definitely worth it from the
> binary packages' point of view.  And, if the gtk frontend is provided
> in an independent subdirectory within the source package, things will
> be very easy by using BUILD_DIRS/INSTALL_DIRS.

I fail to see the advantage of this.  In my case, you either install
distcc or distcc-gtk.  In your case, you either install distcc only, or
distcc + distcc-gtk.  Not much difference from a binary package point of
view.

The gtk frontend is not in its own subdirectory.  So when building from
source, the easiest option really is in the ./configure flag.  That's
when we usually have a compile-time option, or twin packages, cfr icewm.

It would also require less maintenance when the package's source
structure changes, but the ./configure flags remain compatible.  Then we
won't have to change anything.

GH

--
:wq