Subject: Re: distcc-gtk
To: None <ghen@telenet.be>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/13/2005 19:02:48
On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 18:14 +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> devel/distcc installs distccmon-text, a text-based monitor for distcc
> activities.  There's also --enable-gtk which additionally creates an
> analogue distccmon-gnome (doesn't require Gnome though), and I've
> created a package for it: distcc-gtk.  I have splitted the existing
> devel/distcc/ Makefile into Makefile and Makefile.common, to base
> distcc-gtk on the existing package.  Could you please test both
> packages?
>
> They're at http://lori.mine.nu:5190/pkgsrc/distcc-gtk.tgz .
>
> The only difference between them should be the distccmon-gnome binary, +
> an icon and .desktop file for it.
>
> One problem still: the -gtk package doesn't install the rc.d script for
> distcc, because it has no files/ directory.  How should I fix this?

You'd set FILESDIR to point to distcc/files.  But wait...

You'd probably do this in a slightly different manner.  Instead of
making distcc-gtk include _everything_ that is already in distcc, change
it to provide the new frontend plus the icon plus the desktop file only.
Then, add a dependency on distcc.  This way the two packages will not
conflict (and will hopefully be easier to manage).

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/