Subject: Re: ogg123 does not work?
To: Kouichirou Hiratsuka <hira@po6.nsk.ne.jp>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/13/2005 18:59:18
On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 00:42 +0900, Kouichirou Hiratsuka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> At Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:16:51 +0000,
> Leonard Schmidt wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 12:01:54AM +0900, Kouichirou Hiratsuka wrote:
> > > % ogg123 audio_01.ogg
> > > === Could not load default driver and no driver specified in config file. Exiting.
> >
> > Do you have audio/libao-oss or audio/libao-sun installed? audio/libao
> > was split up recently, so maybe that's the source of the problem.
> The ogg123 works fine after installing audio/libao-oss.  Thanks!
>
> I want to choose the plugin with options.mk framework...

The plugins were split from the main libao package precisely to avoid a
build-time option through the options framework.

> At least, this information should be shown by MESSAGE file, I think.

Yeah, saying something from libao's MESSAGE is probably a good idea.

However, doing this from ogg321 seems incorrect to me (dunno which one
you were referring to).  Why?  Because libao is meant to abstract the
underlying drivers; ogg321 only cares about libao, not about oss nor
esound nor anything else.  (Plus many other packages use libao, so we'd
have to replicate the MESSAGE.)

Cheers,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>