Subject: Re: mk/gnu-config question/request
To: Johnny C. Lam <>
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/13/2005 09:12:08
-On [20050612 20:48], Johnny C. Lam ( wrote:
>We've discussed this in the past, and we don't want to ever automatically
>run the GNU autotools.  We often patch configure scripts and
>files directly since in the past, GNU autotool-generated files have
>been highly dependent on having the correct minor version of either
>GNU autoconf or GNU automake.

dillo suggested a sed script that always patches up these configure files,
how much chance of survival c.q. how big a success rate do you think this
will have versus most configure files of differing versions?

>If you want to also replace automatically, could you please
>submit a patch against

I can definitely submit that, right now it's a hook in that I

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)> / asmodai / kita no mono
Free Tibet! |   |
There is such a thing as a man being too proud to fight...