Subject: Re: personal pkgsrc "showstopper" bugs (minicom)
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/11/2005 15:37:27
On Sep 27,  1:58am, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
} On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
} > On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
} >> I forgot: without minicom I don't have a serial terminal to my sparc
} >> (that isn't 100% necessary, but nice).
} >
} > Builds for me (2.0/i386 userland, 3.0_BETA kernel).
} > Maybe describe the problem in more depth, and/or point at some PR?
}
} I didn't notice that the PR was closed, but I'm not good at searching
} the PR database but it's this encoding nonsense. A reply to the PR had patches
} that no one has applied. I'm sorry to say that I can't reliably keep cu
} working, but when minicom compiles it works fine.

     What kind of problem are you having with cu?  I've kept cu
connections open for many days.  I've also NetBSD's version of cu to be
more full featured than most which made it more useful for doing things
like using external programs to perform file transfers.

}-- End of excerpt from Hisashi T Fujinaka