Subject: Re: tnftp build fails on MacOS X 10.3.9 (bootstrap)
To: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com>
From: Idar Tollefsen <idart@performancedesign.no>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/11/2005 12:52:22
>>>While MacOS X has dirname(3), it does not have libgen.dylib.  Instead
>>>dirname(3) is found in libSystem.dylib.  The header file <libgen.h>
>>>is still used, though, which leads to the conflict with tnftp.h
>>
>>Unfortunately, this does not search the library System.  I think "-framework
>>System" is what's needed, right?
>
> I'm not at my Mac OS X system, but IIRC, libSystem is much like
> libc. You shouldn't have to do anything special to link with it.

And libstdc++. For instance, "-lstdc++" tells the linker to do some
magic and link against libSystem. But, as you say, this should all
happen behind the scene.

What about adding:

case $host in
*-*-darwin*)
   AC_SEARCH_LIBS(dirname, [System], [have_dirname=yes], [have_dirname=no])
   ;;
esac

and keeping [gen] for all others?

- IT