Subject: Re: tnftp build fails on MacOS X 10.3.9 (bootstrap)
To: John D. Baker <>
From: Luke Mewburn <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/11/2005 10:44:55

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 05:30:54PM -0500, John D. Baker wrote:
  | Okay, the issue is specifically with net/tnftp, which is built as part
  | of bootstrapping pkgsrc on Darwin/MacOS X (at least).  The configure
  | step is somehow not picking up the fact that MacOS X 10.3.9 has a
  | 'dirname()' function.
  | I've worked around it by hacking the "net/tnftp/files/"
  | file to explicitly:
  |    #define HAVE_DIRNAME 1
  | so it will persist when bootstrap/work/tnftp/config.h is created.
  | With this hack in place, the bootstrap operation completes with no
  | further problems.

The configure script looks for dirname (in libgen, for example),
and if it's not found it does AC_REPLACE_FUNCS(dirname),
so I don't understand why the latter isn't providing it if the former
doesn't find it.

Does the configure output give any hints to what's going on?
What's the build error you're seeing?

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (NetBSD)