Subject: SDL audio?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/10/2005 12:19:51
I'm having trouble determining if pkgsrc's SDL audio support is working.
A program (.../games/bzflag) is unable to use SDL audio.  The bzflag
people are telling me that the error that I see is coming straight from
SDL, and that SDL is hosed.  I've tried overriding the SDL audio settings
via env. vars, but that doesn't seem to work.  (SDL tries to guess correct
settings at run-time...)

At ./configure time, SDL finds NetBSD's OSS audio support:

checking for OSS audio support... yes

...but I'm not sure that that means that it actually *tested* support,
or if it just found headers/libraries.

I was pretty sure that I'd been able to use SDL programs with audio in
the past.  Is there a simple, self-contained program somewhere in pkgsrc
that can test this?

(This is on NetBSD/amd64, BTW...)