Subject: AIX 5.3 and Perl58 compile failure redux
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Schmiedeskamp <pschmied@yahoo.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/10/2005 09:29:09
Hi, all.  It's been some time since I've looked into
this, but I'm having a problem with the Perl 58
package.

In the configure phase, the script seems to hang
forever at or after the "Installation prefix to use"
section.  I get the following output, and then radio
silence:

Checking to see how big your double precision numbers
are...
Checking to see if you have long double...
Checking to see how big your long doubles are...
What is your architecture name [powerpc-aix]
Threads selected.
...setting architecture name to powerpc-aix-thread.
Multiplicity selected.
...setting architecture name to
powerpc-aix-thread-multi.
Perlio selected.
Installation prefix to use? (~name ok) [/usr/pkg]

I'm attempting to build on AIX 5.3 with gcc 3.4.3.

Does anybody have any pointers on where to start?
Maybe somebody has it working already?

Perl is a dependency for a boat load of software.  If
Perl 58 would build, I suspect that the number of
packages building on AIX would grow several fold.

Thank you,
Peter

Discover Yahoo!