Subject: Re: some new LaTeX packages in wip
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/09/2005 13:21:58
On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 01:04:38PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> >- teTeX3: meta-package for teTeX3-*.  Since there are packages that
> > depend on the teTeX meta-pkg, they didn't work with teTeX3 (yet).
> > http://lori.mine.nu:5190/pkgsrc/teTeX3.tgz
>
> Um, the long-term idea here was to make the "teTeX" package pull in the
> teTeX3 packages eventually. I got half-through testing all pkgs, but ran
> out of time.

I know, but then the problem remains the same for future versions of
teTeX.

As there are meta-pkgsrc for teTeX 1 and 2 (2 is the "default" now), I
created one for 3 as well.  Otherwise you can't install packages like
TeXmacs or many additional tex-packages (tex-eurosym and tex-hugelatex
for example), since they depend on teTeX the meta-pkg.

GH

--
:wq