Subject: Re: inclusion of is missing?
To: Johnny C. Lam <>
From: Kouichirou Hiratsuka <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/09/2005 15:44:37

At Thu, 9 Jun 2005 02:39:41 +0000,
Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> These packages were modified a few days ago.  x11/randrext should no
> longer require X11 to be installed to build, while x11/Xrender *does*
> require X11 to be installed.
On my system (NetBSD-3.0_BETA/i386), built-in randrext has been
detected (it is contained in xorg-libs), however the package has
been installed.

% cd /usr/pkgsrc/x11/xorg-clients
xorg-libs Xft2 png Xrandr randrext xextensions xcursor Xrender render Xfixes fontconfig iconv zlib freetype2 expat fixesext
% make show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.randrext
randrext>=1.0 randrext>=1.0
% make show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_RECOMMENDED.randrext

% make show-var VARNAME=BUILTIN_PKG.randrext
% make show-var VARNAME=USE_BUILTIN.randrext
% pkg_info | grep randrext
randrext-1.0nb1     X RandR extension (Headers and documentation files)

In mk/defalts/mk.conf, randrext is listed to PREFER_PKGSRC.
Should I set PREFER.randrext to "native"?

PREFER_PKGSRC?=         MesaLib Xft2 Xrandr Xrender expat fontconfig    \
                        freetype2 glu randrext render xcursor

best regards.
 Kouichirou Hiratsuka