Subject: Re: source packages
To: None <drhodus@machdep.com>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/09/2005 12:47:06
On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 02:42:17AM +0000, David Rhodus wrote:
|On 6/8/05, Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:
|> On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, David Rhodus wrote:
|> > Just wondering has anyone ever considered a method for producing
|> > source packages using pkgsrc ?
|>
|> what is a "source package",
|
|What I was wondering if there was already a way to make a package of
|the source.  Something of the equivalent of an SRPM.

most pkgsrc stuff is already bundled into a tarball and fetched at
compile time - you can however run

make fetch

to just get the distfiles for any particular package if you then want
to cache those ...

--
Malcolm Herbert                                    System Administrator
ph [990] 54881 rm 28-241                          School of GeoSciences