Subject: Re: ${BUILDLINK_PKGNAME.${_pkg_}} is empty when _pkg_ is "pthread"
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Johnny C. Lam <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/08/2005 16:31:40
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I patched my mk/ to force:
> USE_BUILTIN.pthread=    yes
> This work-around worked for me.
> My include/pthread.h is from my glibc-2.3.4 package which does not have a
> file. (I have used my glibc from pkgsrc and LOCALBASE as
> /usr for a couple years. On a side note, I can't get my pkgsrc glibc and
> linux-kernel to build using buildlinking/wrappers anymore.)

The files now consistently (barring X11 packages) considers
files that are under ${LOCALBASE} to not be "native".  In your case,
LOCALBASE=/usr, so considers /usr/include/pthread.h
to be a file that is managed by pkgsrc.

> Any ideas on how I can get this mk/ to work for me?
> Hopefully without buildlinking my glibc. Or should I do that now also?
> (I'd prefer not to since it will be slow.)

You can override the test for whether your software is "built-in" by
explicitly setting the following in your /etc/mk.conf:

	IS_BUILTIN.pthread=	yes

You will need to experiment to see what other IS_BUILTIN.<pkg> settings
are also necessary on your system if you use LOCALBASE=/usr.

	-- Johnny Lam <>