Subject: Re: qmail syncdir problem
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/08/2005 06:31:39
rudolf wrote:

> "finger alias" is ok. The problem shows _only_ when PKG_OPTIONS.qmail
> includes "syncdir", I have no problem installing qmail from pkgsrc for
> example with "PKG_OPTIONS.qmail=netqmail". qmail-users package is
> installed, the users were added this way.

Very strange! It sounds like a problem on your systems, rather than
with pkgsrc, since you get that "bad address" error message whether
you link with syncdir manually or by using the package.

I don't know what the error means. But syncdir is the only qmail
option that involves dynamic linking. When you try compiling qmail
manually, are you linking with libsyncdir statically or dynamically?

Since this looks like a system problem, let's take this to the
netbsd-users list. There may be more people who can help there.

- Amitai