Subject: Re: teTeX3-bin dependency on motif?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/07/2005 16:05:21
On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 03:45:01PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> >Based on the previous patch, I now created a patch which implements an
> >OPTION called tetex-use-motif.  If set, xdvi will be built on motif,
> >otherwise on xaw.
> >
> >Should the .include "../../mk/xaw.buildlink3.mk" line at the end of the
> >Makefile be moved into the .if statement then?
>
> Most likely.
> But I don't understand the options framework, and have a question: why not
> have a global option "use motif", which is then used here?
> (better find someone else to look into that check, I'm not competent in
> that area :)

There is no global "motif" option yet.  I'm pro creating one, though.

Concerning the usage of xaw (also relevant to my previous patch which
you already committed), I'm not sure what the impact of XAW_TYPE would
be on that.  teTeX's ./configure accepts --with-dvi-x-toolkit=(motif|
xaw|xaw3d|neXtaw), but I'm not familiar with xaw as to know what the
difference is.

GH

--
:wq