Subject: Re: is CVS the only way to update pkgsrc?
To: Gavan Fantom <>
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/07/2005 14:45:12
-On [20050607 14:38], Gavan Fantom ( wrote:
>Geert Hendrickx wrote:
>>The _uncool_ kids would download and untar pkgsrc.tar.gz on a regular
>>basis.  And AFAIK, it's the only option when you're behind a proxy. :(
>That's when you ask your sysadmin to set up a SOCKS proxy.

Provided you are blessed with one that knows their stuff, not so common.

Furthermore, recent CVS version, if I recall correctly, support CVS through
HTTP proxies.  At least for checkout.

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)> / asmodai / kita no mono
Free Tibet! |   |
Ain't gonna spend the rest of my Life, quietly fading away...