Subject: Re: py-qt3-sip and Darwin and Solaris and py-qt3-base on Darwin
To: None <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/06/2005 17:12:00
On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Next my errors with py-qt3-base on Darwin are:

> Error: Unable to build mkfeatures utility.

I add -w to CONFIGURE_ARGS to see compiler output and learned:

ld: Undefined symbols:

repeated twice. (I don't know where it is coming from yet.)

As far as I can tell, the PyQt-x11-gpl-3.14.1 source doesn't use any
functions defined by libresolv.

In April there was some discussion on this list about qt3 and Darwin. I
assume that -lresolv should be linked with something else. Any ideas on
how I can track down what specifically needed it?

I don't know yet and I am looking for quick way to add
-lresolv. As far as I can tell it doesn't honor LIBS or LDFLAGS. Any

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links