Subject: Re: imake breakage?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@netbsd-pt.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/03/2005 17:56:21
On 2005-06-03, MLH <mlh@goathill.org> wrote:

> Looks like imake broke the past couple of days:
>
> make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/print/ghostscript-esp
> ** 'cd /usr/pkgsrc/print/ghostscript-esp && /usr/bin/make update CLEANDEPENDS=yes' failed
> pkg_comp:current.conf# pkg_chk -C /pkg_comp/packages/pkgchk.conf -asr
> /usr/X11R6/bin/imake: Read-only file system
> /usr/X11R6/bin/imake: Cannot open Imakefile.c for output.
>   Stop.
> make: don't know how to make builtin-test. Stop

Apparently, new builtin-imake.mk also breaks non-root builds (note that this
has nothing to do with bulk builds or UNPRIVELIGIED). I was able to build
everything using a normal user in pkgsrc-2005Q1.

I think the problem is the same, as I have no permission to write in pkgsrc
directory. Shouldn't we use /tmp for builtin-imake.mk ?

--
Rui Paulo <rpaulo@netbsd-pt.org>