Subject: Re: unpriviledged build + parallel builds
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/03/2005 19:47:53
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>> Recommended reading:
>>   * pkgsrc/mk/
>>   * pkgsrc/mk/*
>>   * pkgsrc/mk/*/*
> At first I thought the reply was to me. :)

It partly was, but not that part above ;)

Coming to think of "unprivileged builds", maybe we should define what that
means, actually. Right now, I see two possible things:
  1) create fully installable packages, like what NetBSD's ' -u
     release' does. This is hard. very.
  2) allow building as much as possible as "normal" user. This is what
     we got last week, mostly. see This probably works
     for many things out of the box; finding the other cases would be good,
     and this is where your bulk builds can come into game.

I wrote my previous mail with #1 in mind, but only realized that we
probably will want #2 instead. (Or do we?)

  - Hubert

Genervt von Viren und von Viren versandten Spam-Mails?  ->
Fed up from viruses & virus-originated spam mail?       ->