Subject: Re: Master sites randomization
To: Mike M. Volokhov <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/02/2005 19:16:28
On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Mike M. Volokhov wrote:

> But before doing this change, the ':Ox' feature must be integrated into
> bootstrap/bmake, which is based on ancient bmake-3, which is dates from
> Oct 2001.

> I can pullup the ':Ox' into this bmake version. Or possible someone is
> working on updating it (say, after the pkgsrc freeze will be over)?

This will need to be after the freeze is over.  This will likely require
turning bootstrap/bmake into a real, registered package so that it can be
replaced (and so that its version can be checked for compatibility with

Someone was talking about doing this conversion, but I forget who....

-- Todd Vierling <> <> <>