Subject: Re: Problems with DIALOG in ramdisk-small
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Rob Bennett <rob_bennett@yahoo.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/02/2005 15:41:43
--- Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> wrote:

> Can you just build your binary static?

#make static
make: don't know how to make static. Stop

I guess that's a no :(

I have managed to get the right files in the right
places by following the demands of ldd, and I now have
useful utilities like df and mkdir working, but dialog
is still behaving the same way.  (Syntax error: "("
unexpected).

Is there anything different about dialog, from a
compilation point of view than those other utils?  A
binary is a binary, right?
Hmmm....(chin scratch moment)
Actually, there is one major difference - looking at
the timestamps on those files, they must have been
compiled before I got them... I guess as part of the
ISO install.
Is there a generic way to tell my compiler to build
static files?

Rob

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/