Subject: Re: Conversion of mplayer to options framework
To: None <ghen@telenet.be, tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/02/2005 17:55:58
In article <20050602142017.GA82085@lori.mine.nu> Geert wrote:
: Maybe it's my fault, but I can't disable mplayer-runtime-cpudetection.
: I think it is caused by MPLAYER_ENABLE_RUNTIME_CPUDETECTION still being
: set in pkgsrc/mk/defaults/mk.conf.  At least make says it's set:

: Deprecated variable MPLAYER_ENABLE_RUNTIME_CPU_DETECTION used, use PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=mplayer-runtime-cpudetection instead.

  I've removed these from mk/default/mk.conf; but PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
overrides legacy variables.

: Deprecated variable USE_ESOUND used, use PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=esound instead.
: Deprecated variable USE_GIF used, use PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=gif instead.

  These are still in use by several packages and will be removed once
they are converted to the options framework.

: I have added PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=-arts -nas -mplayer-runtime-cpudetection
: and the first two do have effect.

  Strange, this should work, and it does for me.  Could you please
send me the output of the following command?

make show-vars VARNAMES='PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS _PKG_LEGACY_OPTIONS PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS _OPTIONS_DEFAULT_SUPPORTED PKG_OPTIONS.mplayer PKG_OPTIONS'

						yours,
						dillo