Subject: Re: Conversion of mplayer to options framework
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/02/2005 16:57:33
On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 04:20:17PM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> Maybe it's my fault, but I can't disable mplayer-runtime-cpudetection.
> I think it is caused by MPLAYER_ENABLE_RUNTIME_CPUDETECTION still being
> set in pkgsrc/mk/defaults/mk.conf.  At least make says it's set:
>
> Deprecated variable MPLAYER_ENABLE_RUNTIME_CPU_DETECTION used, use PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=mplayer-runtime-cpudetection instead.
> Deprecated variable USE_ESOUND used, use PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=esound instead.
> Deprecated variable USE_GIF used, use PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=gif instead.
>
> whereas I removed it from my /etc/mk.conf.
>
> I have added PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=-arts -nas -mplayer-runtime-cpudetection
> and the first two do have effect.
>
> GH

The solution to this is simple: remove the MPLAYER_* default settings
from mk/defaults/mk.conf, since the same options are now set via the
OPTIONS framework.

Two other problems:

- multimedia/mencoder now barfs at me:
  ===> The following selected options are not supported: mplayer-menu.

- and multimedia/mplayer-share/Makefile.cflags still uses the old
  MPLAYER_ENABLE_RUNTIME_CPUDETECTION, instead of the new OPTIONS.

GH

--
:wq