Subject: buildlink3?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/02/2005 00:23:23
So, I'm trying to build py-musique...
it always disturbs me to see something supposedly simple requiring
virtually my entire system to be rebuilt (and freaks me out having to
replace packages that contains libs that other packages - that I spend
ages updating for depend on)...

So I figured I'm missing something and tried reading up on buildlink
and such.

x11/gtk2/buildlink3.mk says

BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.gtk2+=	gtk2+>=2.4.0
BUILDLINK_RECOMMENDED.gtk2+=	gtk2+>=2.6.4nb1

which means that gtk2 2.4.0 or later should be ok?
I have 2.6.4 installed, but its charging ahead downloading and building
2.6.7 - and everything that that depends on.

Is there in fact a way to tell pkgsrc to just use what's already
installed and make do?

Thanks
--sjg