Subject: Re: HEADS-UP - pkgsrc freeze on 6th June 2005 for two weeks
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
From: David Rhodus <sdrhodus@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/01/2005 22:57:19
On 6/1/05, Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org> wrote:
> FYI, the packages team will be slowing down development of pkgsrc, and
> entering a "freeze" period on new functionality, in preparation for
> the second pkgsrc branch for 2005, pkgsrc-2005Q2.
>=20
> Please bear with us whilst the freeze is in operation - it is expected
> to last 2 weeks at the most.
>=20
> Thanks for your understanding,
> Alistair

I hope we can get a good baseline support added into this branch for
DragonFly.  Do you think the "freeze" will cause any problem getting
patches committed ?  There are still a few big ticket PR's open such
as adding build support for perl under DragonFly that I really hope
someone can work in soon.

-DR