Subject: Re: Handling options in bl3 files
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/01/2005 12:20:02
On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Johnny C. Lam wrote:

> One example of this is devel/apr/buildlink3.mk.  It simply checks what the
> package's options would be if it was built from scratch.  I am eventually
> going to turn this into a check of the PKG_OPTIONS of the installed package,
> but there are some other infrastructure changes that need to be made first
> having to deal with the order in which steps are taken.

Besides being less recursion-heavy, I think this is a little cleaner and
safer, as it would alert the user to changes in PKG_OPTIONS that should
require manual intervention to get working.  Using the installed package's
options might cause a little confusion on the part of the builder, if
surprises contrary to current mk.conf settings come out in the build result.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>