Subject: Re: Handling options in bl3 files
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/01/2005 09:54:12
On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> While trying to convert devel/allegro to the options
> framework, I stumbled over the following problem:
> Its bl3.mk file has contains
> .if !empty(USE_ESOUND:M[Yy][Ee][Ss])
> .  include "../../audio/esound/buildlink3.mk"
> .endif
> which should be convert to match against the PKG_OPTIONS
> of the (to-be-) installed package.
>
> How should this be done?

Is allegro an abstraction API with a consistent ABI regardless of output
modules?  If so, meaning that esound is not exposed to allegro-using apps,
then this .include should not exist at all in the allegro bl3 file.

(This is yet another instance, I believe, of "too tight" bl3 inclusion.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>