Subject: Re: Reformatting faq.xml
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/01/2005 15:44:31
On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> I'd like to do some changes in the FAQ section in the guide.  Basically,
> group all existing questions in a "General questions" section and then
> add another block with GNOME-related questions of interest (more
> sections could follow).

Er, what kind of GNOME related information do you intend to put in a
seperate FAQ section?

When I last re-organized the Pkgsrc Guide, (which I assume you're talking
about here, in contrast to the NetBSD Guide?), I found that the FAQ
section became the dumping place for all questions that people didn't want
to find a better place (probably because they didn't read it entirely).
And your plan of moving all existing FAQs into a seperate sections sounds
like that again.

> So before doing big changes to the content, I've reformatted the file.
> There is a copy here (there is no sense in making a diff because almost
> all lines change):
> Any objections in doing this?

Assuming there's no content change, only whitespace, that's fine with me.

  - Hubert

Genervt von Viren und von Viren versandten Spam-Mails?  ->
Fed up from viruses & virus-originated spam mail?       ->