Subject: Re: Conversion of mplayer to options framework
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/01/2005 15:32:05
In article <20050601120745.GK1529@dmath5.geometrie.tuwien.ac.at> Thomas wrote:
: The option names for at least runtime-cpudetection, win32, xvid,
: and real should be prefixed with "mplayer-" because I don't think
: other packages will use them.

  Can the win32-codecs package be installed later and still be used by
mplayer?  That is how xine-lib handles this.

  Otherwise, I would use the names win32-codecs and real-codecs and
leave them global.

  The option xvid is not handled.

  Also, if MPLAYER_DISABLE_DRIVERS is set, please add a line to
_DEPRECATED_WARNING (see bsd.options.mk, the loop that handles
PKG_OPTIONS_LEGACY_VARS).  You don't need to add deprecated variables
to BUILD_DEFS, the information is recorded via PKG_OPTIONS.

					yours,
					dillo