Subject: Reformatting faq.xml
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/01/2005 15:11:17
Hi!

I'd like to do some changes in the FAQ section in the guide.  Basically,
group all existing questions in a "General questions" section and then
add another block with GNOME-related questions of interest (more
sections could follow).

But when going to do so, I found the xml file very hard to read,
specially due to the inconsistent indentation.  So I removed it from the
main tags (chapter and sections) and only left it for structures that
are worth noticing (lists).  (Indentation in Docbook files gets in the
way as a little change in the structure will require you to reindent the
whole document...)

Furthermore, it was incorrectly formatted in some cases.  For example,
there must be no space between an element and CDATA, as in '<para>some

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/www-changes/2005/05/06/0000.html

So before doing big changes to the content, I've reformatted the file.
There is a copy here (there is no sense in making a diff because almost
all lines change):

ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jmmv/faq.xml

Any objections in doing this?

Thanks,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>