Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/www/galeon
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/31/2005 18:37:40
On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 06:27:03PM +0000, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 18:08 +0200, Dieter Baron wrote:
> > In article <20050531154356.389442DA27@cvs.netbsd.org> Matthias wrote:
> > : Log Message:
> > : let this use the renderer from "firefox" or "mozilla-gtk2", depending
> > : on the GECKO_PROVIDER option
> >
> >   Could you please use the options framework for this?  We are
> > currently deprecating selecting build options via variables like the
> > one you just introduced.
>
> I think this usage of a variable, GECKO_PROVIDER, is correct.  ATM, the
> package options framework doesn't make much sense with mutually
> exclusive possibilites; unless your proposal on the other mail
> progresses ;)

  Which I certainly hope it does.  There are quite a number of
packages that use the options framework and have mutually-exclusive
options.

  GECKO_PROVIDER is exactly the kind of option
PKG_OPTIONS_REQUIRED_CLASS is meant to handle.

> (BTW, how do you define a pkgsrc-wide default value for an "options"
> group?  I.e., be gecko-firefox the default for everything.)

PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=gecko-firefox

just like any other option too.

						yours,
						dillo