Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/www/galeon
To: Dieter Baron <>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/31/2005 18:27:03
On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 18:08 +0200, Dieter Baron wrote:
> In article <> Matthias wrote:
> : Log Message:
> : let this use the renderer from "firefox" or "mozilla-gtk2", depending
> : on the GECKO_PROVIDER option
>   Could you please use the options framework for this?  We are
> currently deprecating selecting build options via variables like the
> one you just introduced.

I think this usage of a variable, GECKO_PROVIDER, is correct.  ATM, the
package options framework doesn't make much sense with mutually
exclusive possibilites; unless your proposal on the other mail
progresses ;)

(BTW, how do you define a pkgsrc-wide default value for an "options"
group?  I.e., be gecko-firefox the default for everything.)

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
The NetBSD Project -