Subject: Re: CFLAGS in mk.conf
To: None <ghen@telenet.be>
From: Idar Tollefsen <idart@performancedesign.no>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/30/2005 10:43:35
Geert Hendrickx wrote:
>>>To my understanding, they should import CFLAGS from mk.conf and add
>>>to them if needed. Not the other way around.
>>
>>OK, and how is this being done correctly?
>

> Another question: (how) can /etc/mk.conf CFLAGS be overriden from the
> commandline?

I don't know that you can, but if you use "+=" in mk.conf I suppose
you should be able to at least add to CFLAGS on the command line;
CFLAGS='blah' make install
Note however that "+=" in mk.conf will probably also mean you get
some standard CFLAGS from the buildlink framework itself.

Again, I'm new to pkgsrc and I don't really know these things
for sure. If anyone has the authoritative answer, please
feel free to jump right in and correct me on this.

- IT