Subject: Re: Missing -L flag in IRIX?
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/29/2005 12:40:04

"Julio M. Merino Vidal" <> wrote:
> I think I got it.  The problem appears when ABI=3D64 is in mk.conf.  When
> this happens, LIBABISUFFIX is automatically set to 64, and it seems that
> buildlink will only allow -L directories that end in that string.

Hmm, if that's the case, then that's a bug in buildlink.  It should
allow ${PREFIX}/lib, obviously, since that is under pkgsrc control, and
pkgsrc does not create ${PREFIX}/lib${ABISUFFIX} (and shouldn't, at
least not until (if ever) we support multiple ABIs under pkgsrc).  In
addition, it may be desirable for users to explicitly add other paths
that do not end in ${ABISUFFIX}.

Maybe Johnny can comment?

My other computer also runs NetBSD!

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (NetBSD)