Subject: Re: Missing -L flag in IRIX?
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
From: Georg Schwarz <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/29/2005 11:04:09
> I think I got it.  The problem appears when ABI=64 is in mk.conf.  When
> this happens, LIBABISUFFIX is automatically set to 64, and it seems that
> buildlink will only allow -L directories that end in that string.
> Therefore, it correctly uses /usr/lib64 but traps ${PREFIX}/lib, as it
> doesn't have the 64 suffix.
> If this is the reason... I don't know how to fix it.

one quick and dirty fix might be to set LIBABISUFFIX= in mk.conf (did that
on my IRIX 5.3 system where the ABI stuff is partially meaningless anyway).
Then of course the /usr/lib64 stuff is no longer added.

mk/ has

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --x-libraries=${X11BASE}/lib${LIBABISUFFIX}

mk/ has

.if defined(USE_X11)
X11_LDFLAGS+=           -L${X11BASE}/lib${LIBABISUFFIX}

Here one could add the same thing without ${LIBABISUFFIX} (and if one did
it very nicely the above would only be added if ${LIBABISUFFIX} was nonempty)

I do not see at first glance though where X11_LDFLAGS is actually being
used later on.

Georg Schwarz  +49 178 8545053