Subject: Re: Missing -L flag in IRIX?
To: Jan Schaumann <>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/29/2005 10:19:15
On Sat, 2005-05-28 at 23:30 -0400, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> "Julio M. Merino Vidal" <> wrote:
> > I've seen that the /etc/mk.conf file (which I'm not using, as I have
> > everything built as non-root under my account) has a line that
> > explicitly does LDFLAGS+=/usr/pkg/lib, but I believe this is incorrect
> > (it should happen automatically).
> Yes, it should.  And the machine you're running this on has had this in
> /etc/mk.conf only for reasons that I do no longer recall -- my other
> IRIX machine doesn't need this at all, and neither should this one.
> Of course, this doesn't address your original question...  I'll try to
> look into this this weekend, but feel free to poke around and let me
> know if you find anything fishy in the setup.

I think I got it.  The problem appears when ABI=64 is in mk.conf.  When
this happens, LIBABISUFFIX is automatically set to 64, and it seems that
buildlink will only allow -L directories that end in that string.
Therefore, it correctly uses /usr/lib64 but traps ${PREFIX}/lib, as it
doesn't have the 64 suffix.

If this is the reason... I don't know how to fix it.

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
The NetBSD Project -