Subject: Re: Unprivileged builds
To: Julio M.Merino Vidal <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/28/2005 19:57:53
> On May 28, 2005, at 1:18 PM, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
>> what about adding a PKGSRC_UNPRIVED variable to make it easy for end
>> users to use pkgsrc without root privileges?
>> The attached patch implements it, setting multiple variables to use the
>> current user/group pair and disables some features that may break
>> builds.  It also changes bootstrap to benefit from it.

Maybe see page 10 of
(== for a few more things

Personally, I'd keep this in a seperate file, i.e. in

 	.if defined(PKGSRC_UNPRIVED)
 	.include .../

and then move all the things you added into that file.
Keeps things a bit seperated.

  - Hubert

Genervt von Viren und von Viren versandten Spam-Mails?  ->
Fed up from viruses & virus-originated spam mail?       ->