Subject: Missing -L flag in IRIX?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/28/2005 12:40:49
Hi all,

while trying to set up some packages under a IRIX system (in an attempt
to fix glib2), I've found that LDFLAGS doesn't contain -L flags for the
packages (${LOCALBASE}, as I'm not using pkgviews).

For example, consider the devel/atk package.  In my NetBSD system:

$ make show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_LDFLAGS PKG_PHASE=configure
 -L/usr/pkg/lib -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/lib -Wl,-R/usr/lib

However, in the IRIX one:

$ bmake show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_LDFLAGS PKG_PHASE=configure
 -L/usr/lib64 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib64 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/people/jmmv/pkg/lib

Note that -L/usr/people/jmmv/pkg/lib is not there, while -L/usr/pkg/lib
was in the former example.

I've seen that the /etc/mk.conf file (which I'm not using, as I have
everything built as non-root under my account) has a line that
explicitly does LDFLAGS+=/usr/pkg/lib, but I believe this is incorrect
(it should happen automatically).

Any idea about why the directory is not added to LDFLAGS?

Thanks,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/