Subject: deinstall missing messages and not removing config files
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/25/2005 14:34:54
My packages made a couple months ago have deinstall messages like:

  If you won't be using .... any longer, you may want to remove

  You may also want to remove any settings in rc.conf that you may have
  made in order to use ...

(I don't see that in my installed packages newer than February 1 which is
around the time a lot of mk/install/ changes were done.)

But I don't see this today when pkg_delete'ing openssh.

Plus it is not removing the unchanged configuration files.

My +DEINSTALL file doesn't list any filenames to remove and I don't see
code to remove files.

I don't have any +FILES files. I see that pkg_add'ing a package runs
+INSTALL which generates the +FILES (I think in a temporary staging
directory).

But what about for deinstalling?

Anyone seeing the same?

Now I see on my build systems I do have +FILES files.

Should +FILES and any other scripts be included in
pkgtools/pkg_install/files/create/perform.c??

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/