Subject: java plugin fails (with some pages in firefox 1.0.4
To: None <,>
From: Christian Palomino <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/25/2005 17:10:43

 I've used sun-jre1.5 from a long time, and accesed some aplications and web pages with success. Since I upgraded my system (to NetBSD 3.0Beta) and firefox from 1.0 to 1.0.4 I'm having problem with som web pages. Some applications work great as the SAP java client, and some web pages also. But some other give "class not found" problems. for example de java version test. I copy output from the java console:

cargar: clase videoclipstream.class no encontrada. (this means load: videoclipstream.class not found)
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: videoclipstream.class
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
	at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
	at Source)
	at Source)
Caused by: open HTTP connection failed.
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
	at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader$ Source)
	at Method)
	... 10 more

Any hint where to look at?

SDF Public Access UNIX System -