Subject: Re: Smarter make update / pkg_chk algo
To: David Brownlee <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/25/2005 00:18:15
On Tue, 24 May 2005, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	pkg_chk used to need a local pkgsrc tree, but that was rectified
> 	in January of this year. This latest change also enables pkg_chk
> 	-u to work against a set of binary packages.

That sounds very interesting!
Given I have a set of new binary pkgs at $URL (from a bulk build, e.g. on, what do I have to run to update everything that I have
installed to the new version?

If would be nice to have documentation for a number of common scenarios in
the pkgsrc guide...

  - Hubert

Genervt von Viren und von Viren versandten Spam-Mails?  ->
Fed up from viruses & virus-originated spam mail?       ->