Subject: .../games/bzflag
To: None <>
From: Richard Rauch <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/24/2005 20:09:01
There's a new version of the game bzflag (BattleZone like game, with
special power-up flags; network based...).

I play this game from time to time.  The new version has been out for
a while and is a bit obnoxious to build by hand.  Some servers have
gone over to requiring the new version as it's been out for a few
months and closes some holes that cheaters use.

One of the bzflag developers (I believe) has produced a pkgsrc
package update.  A PR was filed a while back, I recall.  It also
fixes a bug (missing feature, if you prefer) relative to the
old package.

Is there any chance that this package will be updated before the
next freeze?

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."