Subject: Re: New minicom version (was: pkg/30242)
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/23/2005 01:37:20
At 19:34 Uhr +0200 22.5.2005, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
>On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 06:24:37PM +0200, Hauke Fath wrote:
>> (1) The interactive setup of /dev/modem won't mix well with bulk builds.
>> And since you can change the device in setup, it looks like a pointless
>> exercise, anyway.
>
>Hmm, I copied that part from the previous version.
>
>It was also something which i didn't like and just answered now when it
>asked me if it should create the /dev/modem like.
>I guess its time to remove that part and also the second part of patch-ad.

I agree. A MESSAGE note to set up site-specific things as root with
'minicom -s' should suffice.

>> (2) In some places minicom ignores the PKG_SYSCONFBASE setting:
>
>Feel free to change that. The documentation about PKG_SYSCON* is too confusing
>and i couldn't find out how to use it.

I usually look around what the other kids on the block are playing with...
But you're right, even pkgsrc/doc/Makefile-example doesn't know
PKG_SYSCONF*.

>I guess the following has to be changed, but its not possible with the
>current documentation:
>
>CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-cfg-dir=${PREFIX}/etc/minicom

Replace this with

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --sysconfdir=${PKG_SYSCONFDIR}

and you're fine. (Actually, it's a GNU configure thing).

>Aside from that problem, does it work?

Well, there are... issues.

(1) In the "File transfer protocols" menu the paths look like

 A  zmodem     ${PREFIX}/lsz -vv               Y    U    N       Y       Y
 B  ymodem     ${PREFIX}/lsb -vv               Y    U    N       Y       Y
[...]

i.e. they are not properly expanded when applying patches/patch-ad.

(2) Like conserver 8, and unlike tip(1), minicom comes up with !RTS on my
spif(4) when set up for hardware handshake.

Apart from that, it seems to work nicely.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email