Subject: Re: real name of curses library used
To: Dieter Baron <dillo@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/22/2005 18:48:23
On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 01:51:44PM +0200, Dieter Baron wrote:

> in a package I'm writing, I need to know the real name of the curses
> library used.  Is there a variable that gets set
> to the real library name?
>
> The linker arguments get embedded into a makefile fragment that is
> installed.  While -lncurses always works with buildlink (and thus when
> it is used in dependent packages), this breaks when used outside
> pkgsrc.

The "unwrap" step is supposed to replace "-lncurses" with the real
library options, e.g. -lcurses on netbsd-2 or netbsd-3.  Try looking
at UNWRAP_PATTERNS and UNWRAP_FILES in mk/wrapper/bsd.wrapper.mk (sorry
for the lack of documentation!).  By default, the wrapper framework
knows to unwrap *-config, *Conf.sh, and *.pc files.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>