Subject: Re: The Logo Thread. (^&
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/21/2005 19:35:46
On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 12:08:19PM -0500, Richard Rauch wrote:
> Just a few comments on this thread:
>
>  * pkgsrc is not just for NetBSD anymore.  Do you want to emphasize
>    the relation in a logo?  NetBSD users already know about pkgsrc.

Giving pkgsrc its own logo may emphesize the fact that it's a project on
its own right.  But some inheritance from the NetBSD logo isn't exactly
"unright", is it?

>  * There is no pkgsrc-advocacy list that I know of, and (see previous
>    point) netbsd-advocacy seems wrong to me, so this is probably the
>    best place for the thread.

It's still a tech- list.  Maybe this is a good moment to start some
separate pkgsrc lists, like pkgsrc-advocacy (and maybe rename tech-pkg
to pkgsrc-tech ?).

GH

--
:wq