Subject: Re: where to import p5-Lingua-EN-Sentence-0.25?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/21/2005 14:13:40
On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 10:33:48AM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Okay, this is all done.

Thanks!

> This was a slow process.

Oh, why?

> I edited all these files:
>
> textproc/Makefile multimedia/p5-xmltv/Makefile misc/Makefile
> devel/p5-UNIVERSAL-moniker/Makefile devel/p5-Lingua-EN-Inflect/Makefile
> devel/Makefile misc/p5-Lingua-EN-Numbers-Ordinate/Makefile
> misc/p5-Lingua-Preferred/Makefile
>
> and committed changes.
>
> Then I did "cvs import" of the three old packages to import into new
> place.

A bit more stable would be to import the packages first, then
modify them in the new place, and only then change paths of the
dependencies -- that way, pkgsrc is always buildable.

> Then I removed old files and did "cvs rm" and "cvs commit".
>
> Is there a better way to do this? If so, please explain.

No, otherwise it was fine.

'lintpkgsrc -d' will complain if you missed any dependencies,
if you want to do additional testing.

Cheers,
 Thomas