Subject: Re: pkgsrc logo -> draft from scratch (vector gfx)
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Timo Schoeler <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/20/2005 13:53:36
thus Hubert Feyrer spake:
> On Fri, 20 May 2005, Timo Schoeler wrote:
>> and as PS here:
>> please let me know which things to change/enhance. i wasn't sure which
>> font hubert used so i chose one which should be near...
> Cool... I forgot which font I used exactly, It was something bold+italic
> with serives. Assuming that the font in the official Net BSD logo is
> something like 'times new roman', can you try and make a version with
> 'times new roman bold italics'? I tried yesterday, but didn't get gimp
> to scale the font to the size I needed. :/
> Also, try putting the "pkg" a bit (0.5*) higher.
> Are the colors the same as I used? sitting ca. 0.7m away from my tft,
> the grey-on-orange is a bit bad to read, how about a lighter grey?
>  - Hubert

hm, it's definitely not times new roman (the emperor's font ;)...

i put the pkg higher, perhaps it should be even higher.

i used the same orange, but i didn't use the correct grey -- the
original grey is darker, i have fixed it now.

please have a look :)

Timo Schoeler | |
//macfinity -- finest IT services |
Key fingerprint = F844 51BE C22C F6BD 1196  90B2 EF68 C851 6E12 2D8A

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary
and those who don't.