Subject: Re: post-wrapper stage broken?
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
From: Johnny C. Lam <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/19/2005 14:49:40
Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> I've just noticed that epiphany doesn't build.  The problem is that the
> substitutions needed in the msgfmt wrapper (used when USE_MSGFMT_PLURALS
> is YES) are not applied.  These substitutions (which can be seen in
> gettext-lib/ are done at the post-wrapper stage (with the
> SUBST_STAGE variable).
> Is this target not useful any more?  Or is it there a problem somewhere?
> Which target should I use instead?

The problem appears to be in gettext-lib/  SUBST_FILES.* is
supposed to be a list of files relative to ${WRKSRC} and that isn't what
gettext-lib/ is defining.  I'm confused why this file goes to
the extra trouble to use the framework when it can easily
generate the correct wrapper directly in the buildlink-msgfmt target.
In any case, I'll fix up gettext-lib/ in a bit.

	-- Johnny Lam <>