Subject: New tools framework
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/13/2005 15:10:49
The new tools framework is now the default for pkgsrc.  There's a
slightly outdated description of the new tools framework at:

	http://www.pkgsrccon.org/2005/slides/jlam/tools.html

Please don't actively convert packages to use the new tools frameworks
yet.  Right now, it's meant to just be a drop-in replacement for the old
tools framework.  I want to give it a week to "bake" and to verify that
the bugs have been shaken out.  Once that's done, I'll start to cleanup
up the pkgsrc/mk/* files to remove the old framework, and then we can
start migrating packages to use the new syntax.

Most of the changes are under the hood and are described in the slides
from pkgsrcCon.  I'll send another document to this mailing list later
that will describe how to change packages to use the new syntax.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>