Subject: Re: Xfm in Pkgsrc
To: John Duncan <>
From: Greg Troxel <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/12/2005 08:35:04
         To get /sysutils/xfm to work I had to copy the app-defaults over like

  cp -p /usr/pkg/lib/X11/app-defaults/Xfm /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults

         If everyone has to do this would it be possible to add a
  Message to be printed out to
  that effect ?

This is about using xpkgwedge, not about this particular package.

See the message at install:

Information for xpkgwedge-1.12:

Install notice:
$NetBSD: MESSAGE,v 1.3 2003/10/19 07:16:33 grant Exp $

* You MUST set the environment variable XAPPLRESDIR in /etc/profile and
  /etc/csh.login by hand in order to make pkgs built with xpkgwedge run
  properly, e.g.

	setenv XAPPLRESDIR /usr/pkg/lib/X11/app-defaults

  If any users set XAPPLRESDIR in their own environment, these settings
  will not work -- such users need to set XUSERFILESEARCHPATH (syntax
  can be found in XtResolvePathname(3Xt)).

I think it would be nice to have this directory added to the default
search path in the X11 implementation, but I know I don't understand
all the issues involved.

        Greg Troxel <>